Ready for an embarrassing story? Many months ago I posted a photo on Instagram Stories of this creamy roasted red pepper chicken that I made, and a follower asked for the recipe. I told her that I would absolutely post it on my blog—and then completely dropped the ball. Like, really. It’s been months. So this is dedicated to her.
Did you guys know that chicken recipes are consistently a top search term on Google and Pinterest? People are obsessed with finding new ways to cook this versatile meat because let’s be honest, chicken can get boring really quick.
However, I find that chicken is a lot more tolerable to eat when paired with a thick, creamy, cheesy sauce—like this roasted red pepper sauce. Or this creamy Tuscan sauce. Or this cheesy pasta. You get the picture.
For this recipe, I like to pair it with a simple roasted vegetable. It makes a lot of sauce, so you can easily scoop up the leftover sauce and put it on whatever vegetable you have to pair! I made this batch of roasted red pepper chicken with roasted asparagus, which I cooked similarly to how I make roasted Brussels sprouts—but only roasted them at 400 for about 20 minutes.
Getting roasted red peppers for this recipe
Sure, you could find a jar of pre-made roasted red peppers at the store, but did you know it’s actually really easy to make? I have a tutorial on how to roast red peppers that you can prep for this recipe, and for other future recipes! Enjoy the leftover roasted red with some soft boiled eggs, on a breakfast sandwich, or even topped on a salad!
Sides to go with your chicken
Make it a meal by making one of these easy sides.
Alright, here’s the recipe! Now what recipes do you want me to make? I promise I won’t drop the ball so hard this time…
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 2 oz. cream cheese cubed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Season both sides of the chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat with 1/2 of the tablespoon of butter.
- Cook the chicken tenderloins in the skillet on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
- Turn off the heat and remove the cooked chicken to a plate.
- Add in the other 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and turn the heat back on. Sprinkle in the diced roasted red peppers and the minced garlic cloves. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, then add in the cream cheese cubes. Break up the cream cheese with a wooden spoon until it is fully incorporated into the sauce
- Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, mix until melted.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet, pouring some of the sauce over the tenderloins. Heat up for one more minute, then serve with roasted vegetables.