Things are pretty scary right now, I get it. I know the news can be tiring and Twitter is relentless (hot tip, just stay off Twitter right now), and I want to virtually comfort you with some chicken. I know, emotions shouldn’t be attached to food, I’m aware of that. But a good meal can be comforting in a way that words can’t, and this three-ingredient baked pesto chicken will soothe your soul.
The best part about this recipe is how incredibly easy it is. It says three ingredients because, well, it really only has three simple ingredients! All you need is a chicken breast, a jar of pesto, and a bag of shredded mozzarella. Then voila! You have dinner.
How to cook pesto chicken perfectly
Cooking chicken can be quite the challenge, I get it. That’s why I like to have the right tools with me to make sure that my meat is perfectly cooked every time, and I never have to worry about food poisoning or sickness.
For checking the internal temperature of your chicken—it should always be 165 degrees—I like to use the following thermometer. It helps me to ensure that my pesto chicken is perfectly cooked every single time I make it.
Make vegetables on the side
For an easy side to go with your chicken, try one of these recipes.
- Roast Brussels sprouts on the side of your chicken breast right in the same sheet pan!
- Or you can make some carrot fries, paired with a yummy dipping sauce of your choice.
- Saute some zoodles and use it as a bed for the chicken—easy pesto chicken pasta right there!
- Or if you need some carbs, this roasted sweet potato recipe is my fave.
Looking for more chicken recipes?
Here are a few of my favorite ways to cook this lean protein for dinner—or lunch!
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese (#drool)
- Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
So if you grab a pack of chicken, or a frozen bag, you can try one of these other recipes as well. Yay!
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1/4 cup low-moisture shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken breast on a greased baking sheet (use cooking spray or olive oil).
- Spread the pesto on top of the chicken breast with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken breast, making sure most of it is on the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.