This past weekend, I really, really, wanted brunch. I’m a huge fan of brunch, because every brunch food you could ever think of fall under the category of “my favorite foods.”
Yet, going to brunch would mean spending money, and the last thing I wanted to do was get in the cold and go spend money that I didn’t feel like spending in the first place. Hence the experimenting I did in the kitchen, and the creation of this delicious Turkey & Green Pepper Frittata.
Now a frittata is basically a crustless quiche. You could make any quiche dish without the crust, saving you money and the extra calories, and still get the same tasty results. So after a bit of research on how to make a crustless quiche, I decided to try one of my own. I think what made me fall in love with this recipe is the fact that I already owned all the ingredients! Talk about saving great money!
It really only took me six ingredients to make a crustless quiche! Here they are:
Turkey & Green Pepper Frittata
- 6 Eggs
- 1/3 lb Ground turkey
- 1/2 Green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 Small yellow onion diced
- 1 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Taco cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the turkey on a pan with a bit of oil. Mix in taco seasoning
- Remove from pan. On the same pan, add a drop of oil and cook peppers and onions. Sprinkle with a bit of salt & pepper if desired.
- Add the turkey, peppers, and onions to a 9-inch pie pan
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until all eggs are broken up evenly
- Add to mixture in the pan. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes (until frittata can slice through cooked egg)
Now keep in mind that this could work with any combination, so feel free to mix up the cheese, veggies, and meat that you throw in. I’m looking forward to trying a caprese style frittata next. What other crustless quiche/frittata combinations should I try?